- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup diced green onion
- 2 medium carrots, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can white kidney beans 19 oz. (rinsed and drained)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 5 ½ cups of chicken broth (64 oz.)
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onions and carrots; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender. Remove bay leaf.
FLAVOR BOOSTER: For additional flavor SERVE WITH 2 TBSP of your favorite organic salsa. I like to buy organic salsa that is prepared with FRESH chopped tomatoes and ingredients instead of mashed tomatoes.
MEAL TIP* FOR A HEARTIER MEAL ADD ½ CUP OF PREPARED WARM BROWN RICE TO BOTTOM OF YOUR BOWL BEFORE ADDING THE SOUP.